“Very good presentations and relevant to the times.”—2013 International Latex Conference Attendee
The 2015 International Latex Conference was held Tuesday, August 11 and Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn in Akron, Ohio, USA.
Who Should Attend...
The International Latex Conference attracts decision makers from throughout the industry. Past attendees include:
• Operations and Plant Managers
• Engineers, Chemists and Scientists
• Quality Control Managers
• Research & Development Directors
• Production Managers
• Company Presidents and CEOs
...And 10 Reasons Why
1. Learn about the industry's most current process and materials innovations for natural and synthetic latex from experts who use them
2. Be admitted to all paper presentations and panel discussions
3. Network and relax at the Casino Night, hosted by conference co-organizer Akron Dispersions
4. Enjoy a delicious lunch courtesy of Centrotrade, and daily refreshments compliments of RCMA Americas
5. Full access to the table top exhibits
6. Return to your facility with the latest manufacturing, product and materials information
7. All paid attendees receive a 1-year subscription to Rubber & Plastics News
8. Enjoy many opportunities to network with national and international industry leaders
9. Have access to all available technical papers presented at the conference
10. Get to know fellow attendees, speakers and exhibitors at the opening night networking reception sponsored by Tiarco Chemical
Attendees can expect another stellar program from Conference Chairman Jim Finn, President of Akron Dispersions. Here are a few of the presentations that were given:
• NEW! The First Line of Defense in Infection Prevention--A Global Review of the Disposable Gloves INdustry; Trends, Polymers, Technologies and Merkets, presented by Ravi Venkat, Medisafe Technologies
• NEW! Environmentally Friendly Ultra Low Protein Natural Rubber Latices and Prevulcanised Latices, presented by Ranjit K. Matthan, Ph.D., Vystar Corporation and Polymer Consultancy Services (P) Ltd.
• NEW! Environmentally Friendly High Performance Pressure Sensitive Adhesives--Product Tailoring of Advanced Acrylic Dispersions, presented by Soeren Butz, Ph.D., Synthomer
• NEW! Peroxide Crosslinking of Elastomers, presented by Peter Dluzneski, Ph.D., Arkema, Inc.
• NEW! Enhanced Process-effective and Skin-friendly Solutions for the production of Dipped Goods Using Synthetic Polyisoprene-based Lattices, presented by Phillippe Henderson, Ph.D., and Aparajita Bhattacharya, Ph. D. Kraton
• NEW! Conductive Elastomers by a New Latex Process, presented by Colleen McMahan, USDA's Agricultural Research Service
• NEW! Enhancing the Biodegradation of Waste Rubber, presented by Teresa Clark, Enso Corp.
• NEW! Natural Rubber Applications in Medicine: Benefits and Challenges, presented by Dosu Malomo, Ph.D., Federal University Oye Ekiti, Nigeria and Dr. Osayande Omwanor, University of Benin Teaching Hospital.
• NEW! Nitrile Glove Performance: New Dimensions in Analysis and Improvement, presented by Thian Hong Ng, Ph.D. Synthomer
• NEW! Advancement of Latex Usage in Asphalt Emulsion Pavement Preservation, presented by Arlis Kadrmas, BASF Corp.
• NEW! Performance of Nitrile and Natural Rubber Latex Blended Thin Films, presented by Katrina Cornish, Ph.D., FAAAS, The Ohio State University
Click here, for the complete list of papers.
Network with Industry Leaders
In addition to a dynamic program, attendees also always enjoy great networking opportunities outside of the meeting room. Delegates interacted with each other and conference speakers during refreshment breaks, sponsored by RCMA Americas; the cocktail reception, which was courtesy of Tiarco Chemical; and especially at the Casino Night, once again sponsored by Akron Dispersions, the co-organizer of the conference with Rubber & Plastics News.
To register as a conference attendee, click here. Online registration ended on Sunday, August 9.